in after another welding session. The site hasn't been updated for ages
because my modems been dead for ages. This is a brief outline of the
build over the last 5 months.
decided on a shape, and on May 16th I started building, we'd put off
building so we could show the whole design process to the discovery
channel film crew following our progress.
We started by building a chassis with the ERW steel, Hell look at the
photos,watch the programmes.
here he is KillerCarrot 2. If you've seen the discovery channel
program, "Robots Revenge", you'll know we started the
build for KC2 on May 14th, about 6 weeks before Robots@War. The
first job was to solder in some bigger leads to the motors, then
we welded up a frame, added some spikes, a bit of Lexan body work...
and Bob's yer uncle. The flipper took a bit more work, so we put
it to one side until after Wilson's Day.
first trial for KC1 was Lightning, another of the "Robots
Revenge" bots. We Fought and were shunted onto the tyres
round the ring by Lauries robot, which really was VERY Fast. However
we made a come back, and as can be seen, we managed to bash old
Lightning up a bit.
you can see, we spiked the back of Lightning quite a bit. It was
the only part we could get, as Laurie created a very low stealthy
shape. Very impressive! Apparently now he's fitted the flipper plate,
but the extra weight has really slowed it down. Look forward to
seeing Lightning again though. Anyroad up... The round went to a
crowd Vote, and we shouted louder.... foolishly.
because we drew Dominator 2, huge nutter axe machine. On your left
you see a small child laughing insanely at our chances.
Tried to run, but there was nowhere to hide...
Dominator boys were very good about it though, they could have really
mullered us, but instead they just put the axe through our body
work...Through our Motors, and...
our speed controllers..
is Keith the Discovery Channel presenter, noticing our plight and
sympathising deeply. However our shame at being spiked up wasn't
part of the show.
that motor, that's knackered that is. The speed controller just
needed a couple of capacitors, unfortunately the other speed controller
took a fatal dose of power when they spiked the motor. Total repair
cost ... £45 new motor, £70 new speedie, a few more
bits of lexan...